Due to circumstances I’m unable to control, I will not be able to offer the New Moon TeleClass & Meditation this evening at 6 PM as I usually do on the New Moons. But, I have created a beautiful meditation to share with you so please enjoy it on your own, either read or listen to it below, and allow it to inspire you as you honor this New Moon in Libra.
A Meditation for the New Moon in Libra
The New Moon in Libra occured today, October 15, 2012, at 8:02 AM Eastern
In creating this meditation I focused on this month’s New Moon chart with a particular eye toward the Sun and Moon coming together to begin a new cycle in Libra.
The higher vibration qualities of Libra – those characteristics and lessons to incorporate into your own life over the next month – are a wonderful sense of beauty and balance:
1. Create beauty for yourself and in your personal space.
2. Open your mind and heart and Soul to your own brand of artistic expression – whether your canvas is your hair, clothes, body; your home, your lawn or garden, or an actual canvas, sheet of music or a blank sheet of paper. Anything can become an artistic medium. Find your particular way of bringing beauty into the world. Let what nurtures you to be your guide.
3. Appreciate the beauty of others.
4. Appreciate the artistic expressions of others all around you in every form they take – from architecture, to dance, to food, to music, to paintings, to theatre, to writing; anything that has been imagined and brought to form.
5. Focus on those you love and look for ways to bring balance and harmony to your relationships.
6. Rest in the beauty of Autumn and allow Nature to imbue you with a sense of equilibrium. Autumn is the time of balance.
7. Use wisdom and the ability to clearly see all sides when it’s time to judge the best course to take.
Libra is the sign most concerned with relationship. The Sun and Moon together in Libra highlight our abilities to live in relationship with compromise and harmony and in peace with ourselves and our own emotions.
The lower vibration areas of Libra are the characteristics and issues to let go of over the next 28 days. As you focus on beauty and relationship, remember to move away from:
1. Any sense of feeling “better than.” Drop snobbery by the wayside. Everyone is worthy of love, recognition and has something to offer.
2. Inaction due to the inability to commit or the inability to decide. Use the ability to assess all sides clearly as a means to making clear judgments.
3. Stress and conflict are part of life. Welcome them as opportunities for growth rather than allowing them to paralyze you with indecision, fear, or dependency on others.
4. Move away from situations that are in place purely for the sake of appearances. Living to keep up appearances stunts your ability to live a truly fulfilling, self-expressive life.
New Moon in Libra Meditation
This is a guided imagery meditation.
The best way to engage in this experience is to sit comfortably upright with your bare feet on the ground or the floor, with closed eyes and an open heart and an open mind.
Relax your face. Smile and release any tension there. Relax your shoulders. Gently lift them and let them fall into a comfortable place. Shake your arms and hands lightly and then allow them to become comfortable and loose, resting your hands in your lap. Breathe deeply into your torso and as you breathe out twist easily and gently from side to side, then come to center and settle into an easy position. Now gently shake your legs and move them from side to side for a couple of breaths, then bring them to stillness, releasing any tension in them… just let them relax and become heavy. Now lift your feet a little and wiggle your toes and circle your ankles and let them come to rest, planting them firmly on the floor again, knees bent and wide, easily supporting your relaxed legs. Breathe very deeply, in and out, at a natural and comfortable rate.
Even gentle breaths – getting deeper and deeper as you relax.
Breathing slowly, slowing your heart rate. In. Out. In. Out.
Now the darkness behind your eyelids is growing even darker. Darker with every breath.
Open your mind to suggestion. Free yourself into a blissful conscious darkness. Breathe there, relaxing in pleasure.
As you breathe, open you mind to images of beauty that begin to come to your awareness.
A breathtaking Autumn landscape, delighting you with the golden warm colors of trees of every variety – reds, oranges, yellows and deep russet. These colors cover the mountains that rise up and over and beyond the horizon as a shimmering sun makes the colors leap and glow into your consciousness. Above these vibrant hues, the sky is a clear, crystal blue as the clouds shape shift across it in every shade of white.
Rising from the sparkling water set in the center of the mountains is your Muse. Allow this Muse to take whatever form has meaning for you – human, male, female, androgynous, animal, fairy, God or Goddess – whatever form speaks to your creative Soul. Take several moments, as you breathe, to allow your Muse to emerge, perfect for you.
Breathe in gently and fully – in and out – as the shape of your personal Muse takes form before you – rising from the beauty of the Autumn landscape.
Breathe in the form, the beauty, the voice, and the message of your Muse.
Open and listen to that voice. Open and see that beauty. Allow the message to enter you.
Your Muse moves toward you. You wait there in anticipation with your arms open to receiving, with your eyes and ears wide and alert, with your heart ready to embrace both your Muse and the creative expression that will generate from your relationship.
The Muse is in front of you now, holding out arms ready to embrace you and to hold you safely through your creative process. The Muse tells you that it is time to create your own peace, your own harmony, your own beauty from within. You climb into those arms and you are moving through space and time in a much different way. There are no barriers to your imagination or to possibility as the Muse shows you how your life can be when you fearlessly create the beauty, harmony and peace you so crave.
Breathe in the arms of your Muse as you see images of your own creation:
Your relationships as they become the result of pure loving intention.
Your home as it changes to reflect the harmony of those relationships.
Your surroundings as they shift to hold the fruits of your creative expression.
Your work as it describes the beauty that pours forth from your Soul.
Rest gently and confidently in the arms of your Muse as he or she shows you each and every setting, each and every relationship, each and every scenario that contains the results of your loving, artistic expression in both form and action. The two of you move through space and time together seeing the results of the beauty that you now allow to come forth and express through physical form, through your relationships, through your heart, through your thoughts and words, and through your connection to Source.
Breathe in these images of what you can create from your true creative core when it is fueled by love. See them clearly as you breathe and commit them to your memory.
Take a few moments for these images of your loving, artistic expression to become fully realized in your heart and consciousness. And remember that art is life – on every level. Life is art. See your life as your own work of art and breathe in and fully integrate the images that you’ve created of what a truly artistic life lived from love is for you.
Breathe with this. Sit with it a moment. Inhale slowly and fully. Exhale slowly and fully.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
When you’re ready, bring your breathing back to its natural rhythm.
Begin to come to full awareness and open your eyes; eyes that are now glowing with purpose and service, ready to plant the seeds and then to reap the harvest of your life as your own work of art. Breathe. Smile…
Now you are feeling refreshed and restored, regenerated in the power of the New Moon in Libra.
Mmmmmm. Ok. Very nice. How do you feel?